Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
We are looking for an experienced Trade Show and Events Coordinator to join our growing marketing team. This role will be responsible for the strategic planning, execution, activation, management, and evaluation of Built’s various trade shows and events the organization participates in, attends, or creates. In this role, you will drive the selection of which meetings, events, and trade shows Built as an organization attends, exhibits, speaks, or demos in. You will also be responsible for carrying out the strategy for each show or event and fully prepping all team members that will be in attendance. Built is looking for a qualified teammate who is organized and well-versed in event planning and vendor management.
In this Role, You Will:
- Plan and execute all events with attention to financial and time constraints
- Meet with trade show/event companies to evaluate which meetings, trade shows, or events are compatible with our organization’s purpose, policies, goals, and business requirements
- Plan the scope of each event (date/time, location, program, cost) for the organization
- Solicit bids from lodging, transportation, and trade show-related services if not provided by the event host or sponsors (photographer)
- Ensure that all required services (setup, breakdown) are provided
- Research, book, and schedule venues and speakers
- Manage all event operations (preparation, venue logistics, invitations, setup, etc.), either in support of the revenue organization individually or, in partnership with events management companies
- Oversee coordination and final checks on the day of the event (tables, sound, technology, display) to ensure everything meets organization standards
- Oversee all event happenings and quickly resolve any problems
- Evaluate the success of each event and submit reports
- Coordinate details with onsite staff (hotel, registration, travel)
- Monitor event activities to ensure satisfaction of attendees and the organization
- Professional experience in event planning
- A proven track record for planning and executing successful events
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and vendor management skills
- Extremely well organized with strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
- Degree in hospitality management, marketing, public relations or relevant field preferred
The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.