Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Brand and Communications team is responsible for managing and growing the Postmates brand by telling the Postmates story at scale in engaging and innovative ways. We are a high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, brand, progressive policy making and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.
As a member of this team, you’ll work closely with the broader brand and communications teams to develop an experiential marketing strategy and programs that span consumer and business audiences. You’ll also work closely with the merchant, fleet and growth marketing teams to help advance their efforts through unique experiential programs that drive engagement and a deeper understanding of our brand.
You must be an experiential marketing pro, who also happens to be a team player that can work in a fast-paced environment across many teams. You are a creative thinker, love getting into and managing the details and are obsessed with the flawless execution of industry-leading events.
- Produce flawless consumer and business events that are creative, unique and that bring Postmates to life in new and unexpected ways
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional partners to drive alignment between event goals, messaging, and measurable outcomes.
- Develop event strategies and manage the production of events based on needs of internal stakeholders
- Deliver events on time and within budget
- Act as events project manager and coordinate resources cross-functionally and externally while managing deliverables for all resources involved
- Research and assess new ways to drive interest at events through advertising and other targeted opportunities
- Manage event marketing budget
- Manage external agency and production partners to deliver top-notch experiences
- 8+ years professional events/experiential experience
- Proven success working with cross functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Excellent eye for detail
- Proven success in executing multiple events simultaneously
- Very strong project management skills, creative thinking and analytical ability
- Proven creativity in bringing to life new and unique experiences for a leading consumer brand.
- Very strong written and verbal communication
- Willing to travel for out of town events
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit