When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 24 billion digitized global historical records, 100 million family trees, and 16+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain actionable insights about their health and wellness. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry is looking for an outstanding executive assistant to support our International team. You’ll work with our highly skilled team across multiple offices, along with other internal and external customers. Critical to your success will be your superior communication skills, excellent judgment, attention to detail, and ability to juggle tasks—from the mundane to the more strategic. Your skill set will set you apart from your peers and clearly demonstrate your pride in the quality of your work. You don’t settle for “good enough” and you know how important it is to manage your time and meet deadlines.
What you'll do:
- Schedule and coordinate business travel, including itineraries, reservations and expense reports for department members
- Anticipate and assemble information and data packages for business travel and other department and company events, including meeting schedules, agendas, appointments, and presentations
- Manage external interfaces, including directing phone calls, retrieving voice mail, establishing and maintaining calendar and scheduling conference rooms
- Organise and schedule large company events including booking venues, creating attendee materials, managing catering, coordinating with external vendors, and in some cases making travel and accommodations arrangements
- Organise and manage team meetings and departmental All-Hands by creating and managing agendas, liaising with speakers, facilities and IT staff
- Prepare correspondence, contact lists, org charts and some presentations and reports
- Attend team meetings, taking minutes and following up with attendees on actions / next steps
- Assist with drafting, filing and maintaining forms and other documents
- Liaise with legal team to manage and facilitate the signing of contracts
- Process invoices and track expenses for department team members
- Assist with coverage for other Executive Assistant’s as needed
- Other projects and responsibilities as requested.
Who you are:
- Associate’s degree qualified or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate administrative expertise and related experience
- Strong reporting, organization, and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite as well as ability/willingness to learn new software
- Experience with contract or other legal database administration strongly preferred
- Customer-oriented with a true desire to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing department members
- Open-minded and innovative with ability to be flexible
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Absolute discretion, and an ability to maintain as confidential, all company, departmental and other proprietary and sensitive information, is mandatory
- Must display a high level of integrity in addressing issues of a confidential nature
- A high degree of initiative, drive and sound judgment
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a smile and a sense of humor
- Ability to work overtime on occasion
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means