Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
Metromile is seeking an engaging and dynamic Executive Assistant to support the C-level executives. You will be responsible for a multitude of tasks, ad-hoc projects and complex scheduling including travel and expense management. While acting as a gatekeeper, you will prep each executive for their upcoming meetings and help them manage their time effectively. You will partner with the executives to facilitate communication across their teams making them as effective and efficient as possible while ensuring company and executive priorities are being met. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and able to work with minimal oversight and guidance.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively manage the day-to-day needs of the executives to ensure they are prepared and organized for all internal and external meetings and events; for example: calendar management, booking travel, presentation preparation, errands, one-off projects, and meeting preparation
- Attend meetings as necessary, capture major takeaways, and work with the team to ensure appropriate follow-up
- Prioritize conflicting demands; handle matters efficiently, and follow through on projects to successful completion
- Partner with Recruiting to accommodate candidate interviews with executives
- Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide occasional support for the other members of the executive team
- Provide coverage and fill in for other Executive Assistants as needed
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Plan events such as team off-sites, team building activities and company kick-offs including content gathering and consolidation
- Prepared for anything. You are always thinking one step ahead and strive to go above and beyond what is asked of you.
- Driven. You love being busy, and put in hard work to complete tasks.
- Organized. You have a system that has been working for you for years.
- Solutions oriented. When identifying a problem, you’re already considering a number of creative solutions.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, creative and always asking questions to learn more.
- Independent, but a Team Player. You can operate well independently with little guidance or direction, but can also work well with a team.
- Budget conscious. You care about spending and can be resourceful.
What to bring:
- 3+ years of experience supporting C-level executives
- High-level clerical and administrative skills
- Excellent organization, creative thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of discernment and judgment
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality in all business matters
- Experience managing multiple time sensitive projects from conception to completion
- Strong computer skills, including strong understanding of Google Apps and advanced or expert proficiency with MS Office Suite
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.