We believe in building connections between people and technology. It won't be easy, but we're building the team to make it possible. Will you join us?
At Okta, our Executive Assistants provide a wide array of administrative, logistical, and project-related support to their Executives. We are looking for an Executive Assistant to be a true business partner to our SVP of WW Partners & Alliances and our SVP of America Sales. As a true business partner to both of these executives, you will be a huge part of the organization's success. This role has a high amount of visibility and works cross-functionally across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calendar management - coordinate all meetings including but not limited to team meetings, offsite meetings including customer, partner, investor, media and analyst meetings across global time zones.
- Manage the daily schedule of the Executives; coordinate domestic and international travel, process expense reports and assist with management of budget needs
- Own and help manage the rhythm of the business in close partnership with the Executives and teams, including agenda management, notes, logistics, and follow-ups.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences and special events (onsite & offsite)
- Acts as a liaison for assigned executives relaying and exchanging information with others including: Senior leaders, customers and clients, and other organizations or constituents.
- Anticipate the Executive’s needs and proactively assemble the appropriate people and resources to solve problems
- Field incoming requests; exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
- Lead, drive and execute on various team events, socials, offsite meetings, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between teams
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Providing backup support for other AAs/EAs in the department
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the capacity of an Administrative Assistant supporting multiple remote executives while reporting to a VP level executive.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- This is not a 9-to-5 position due to the rapid nature of the business. Flexibility to support during out of office hours is required.
- Flexibility to travel as needed (up to 20%).
- Proven ability to interact in a professional manner with Executives, Customers, Prospects, Board Members, Investors and Internal Team
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Experience with web-based scheduling and collaboration tools
- Extensive experience with arrangement of complex schedules and logistics, at times, across multiple time zones
- Ability to work on multiple projects, lead priorities and accurately set expectations
- Extraordinary time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain energetic and positive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire for constant improvement
- Excellent common sense and ability to make appropriate judgment calls autonomously
- Dedicated with the ability to anticipate next steps
- Works well with a variety of personalities; embraces teamwork
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office Suite, Google workspace
Strengths You Will Need:
- Adaptable – has demonstrated flexibility in the face of change.
- Organized - has good time, space and task management skills.
- Proactive - has the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.