At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well. Verkada has raised over $150 million from backers including Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech, and Siemens.
We are looking for a highly talented, hard working assistant to help our rapidly growing start-up scale. You will work directly for the CFO.
His group is responsible not just for finance but also people (HR), workplace, IT, and legal. In addition, your role will heavily focus on planning activities and events that drive culture and connectivity across the entire company. Our business has ~400 people and plans to grow rapidly this year and next.
If you are an ambitious early career talent, this is a strong entry point to our business.
- Building out onboarding for the whole company to create greater connectivity
- Organizing company-wide events including ski trips, weekly/monthly happy hours, speaker series, trivia nights etc. Need to balance both employees who are remote (via Zoom) and some in person
- Coordinating all events related to the CFO team
- Help with CFO team meetings and ensure everything is running smoothly
- Have fun and enjoy your contribution to growing an exciting company!
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic achievement
- Strong work ethic -- a willingness to go above and beyond is key
- Logistical coordinating or event planning experience
- A proven record of excellence and top performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.