It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. But that’s exactly what we’re witnessing today with the rise of crypto.
Over just the last four years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market to a young-but-growing $1T market today. At Bitwise, we think it’s just getting started. In fact, we believe crypto has reached a turning point, and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to be risks, pitfalls, and uncertainty — much like there was during the rise of the Web, of cloud computing, and of apps. But we also expect there will be great opportunities, and millions of people wanting to participate in the potential upside.
Our goal at Bitwise is to help busy mainstream investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride in a secure and simple manner, and to be able to benefit from the role crypto exposure can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today is an exciting moment for Bitwise as a firm. We manage over $1B and are growing quickly, with the largest crypto index fund in the world (ticker: BITW), the first DeFi index fund, and a lot more coming. We focus on serving investment professionals — financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others — the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally-managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, and get their exposure.
Currently, Bitwise is a close-knit team of 30+ professionals. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing, coming from firms including Facebook, Wealthfront, BlackRock, J.P. Morgan, and IndexIQ. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture capital and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our team and take on important responsibilities to help Bitwise scale. Reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant will be a utility player and source of support to help the Executive Team lead the company and get leverage in their day-to-day work. There will be a lot to learn, a huge impact to be had, and some lifelong relationships to be built along the way.
What You Will Do:
- Provide administrative support for the President and two members of the Executive Team. This includes calendar and inbox management, meeting scheduling/logistics, arranging travel, drafting email correspondence and compiling expense reports.
- Proactively seek ways to support the executives and contribute to the success of their quarterly goals.
- Build relationships and serve as a liaison between teams and other executives to help streamline communication, move projects forward and strengthen culture.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects such as event planning, client gifting, press and media events, budgeting and research.
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding activities such as interview scheduling, managing recruiter relationships, candidate tracking, purchasing equipment and organizing new hire meeting/training schedules.
- Assist the CEO’s Executive Assistant in the search for a permanent office in New York and its buildout to a fully operational space (i.e. designing, furnishing, organizing, phone system set-up, stocking supplies, etc.).
- Oversee management of the Bitwise offices, in conjunction with the CEO and President, including reception of guests, vendor management, office supply and grocery ordering.
- Partner with the CEO’s Executive Assistant to ideate, implement and execute key projects across Bitwise.
- Help celebrate employee birthdays and milestones through gifting.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You have 5-7 years of experience in a similar role.Ideally, though not necessarily, you have experience working in financial services, fintech, asset management, venture-backed startup, or related fields.
- You have exceptional time management, organizational and multitasking abilities.
- You love detail and care deeply about the outcome and how it was achieved. You’re a logic-oriented thinker.
- You are a master of all things administrative — scheduling across time zones, booking travel and reservations as well as handling meeting logistics.
- You go above and beyond and are passionate about leaving things better than you found them.
- You are proficient with the Google Suite, Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint/Keynote and willing to learn Asana, Slack, Salesforce, etc.
- You are flexible on being available outside of normal business hours.
- You are a great communicator in writing and conversation, and can convey details with clarity and coherence. You're comfortable politely negotiating prices where appropriate.
- You care about relationships with the team and with external partners and clients. You want to understand others, to help others understand you, and to enjoy interactions. You take satisfaction and pride in supporting others.
- Your style is like ours: high-energy, positive, caring, deliberate, self-aware, curious and open minded, inclined to take ownership to get the best outcome but happy to transfer or share ownership with others. You’re proactive in pursuing what you want, you take pride in your ability to communicate and connect with others, and you’re always looking to improve.
- You have willingness and enthusiasm to learn new topics and be dynamic in a rapidly evolving company and space. And you’re excited to work in crypto.
If what we’re doing excites you, and the role looks like a fit, we’d love to hear from you and explore you joining as an early member of the Bitwise team.