The Executive Assistant will support Refinery29's Chief Content Officer by becoming her partner and "right-hand man." In order to successfully do this, s/he must be a proactive self-starter who won’t be shy and take the reigns with calendar management, phone support, and serve as the point-person for internal and external communication.
The Executive Assistant will be further tasked with managing the day-to-day operations of the CCO and liaise with all of her direct reports. This will involve complex calendaring, administrative tasks, meeting minutes, monthly expense reports, organizing events and various special projects.
This is a prime opportunity for a mid-level EA who would like to break into the largest independent fashion and style platform for women. We look for smart, intuitive, highly driven individuals with excellent initiative and the right attitude to be in a fast-paced and creative environment. The Executive Assistant is a forward-thinking visionary who is able to think about the Refinery29 business as it relates to the CCO and the team beneath her.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Establish productive relationships with other assistants and R29 executives to work as collaboratively as possible
- Ensure priorities are managed; daily and long-term requests are addressed
- Proactively manage both personal and professional calendars
- Manage meeting logistics including booking and prepping rooms, creating and preparing necessary materials, organizing catering, providing conference call details, taking notes, and welcoming external guests
- Project management and special projects with a focus on keynote deck creation
- Manage and submit monthly expense reports
- Coordinate international and domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates and reservations, car services, and international phone plans in accordance with personal travel preferences
- Conceive and organize internal events including happy hours, dinners, off-site meetings, and retreats
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks including placing lunch orders, arranging deliveries, updating contacts, conducting research
- Manage and update bio and professional photo for external meetings and boards
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of Executive Assistant - bonus points for working at "rapid growth" companies!
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Must be a highly organized and solutions-driven go-getter with ability to see the big picture and pay attention to detail, handle multiple priorities at once, manage time effectively, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent in Keynote
- Superior judgment and discretion
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote (must have!), Google Calendar, Instagram, Twitter, FB Live, and Snapchat