Civitech is a public benefit corporation dedicated to creating a fairer and more equitable democracy by building the tools and infrastructure needed to increase civic participation, empower Democratic candidates to win, and support the success of progressive causes. Since its founding in 2019, over 100 partners -- a range of nonprofit organizations, national political committees, and individual campaigns -- have utilized Civitech’s tools to reach tens of millions of voters to help create a more equitable and progressive democracy.
As we grow to achieve our mission, we’re looking to add a proactive, detail-oriented, and mission-driven Executive Assistant to support our CEO. Through this job you’ll help manage relationships, coordinate scheduling, prepare for meetings with staff and outside parties, organize information, and coordinate projects within the Office of the CEO. You will help enable the CEO to more effectively lead the organization and support our team and partners within the progressive ecosystem.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain and prioritize the CEO’s emails and inbox and serve as the primary point of contact for any scheduling requests with the CEO. You’ll be responsible for managing and responding to scheduling requests from internal and external stakeholders and effectively prioritize items on the CEO’s calendar.
- Work with the CEO to ensure that the CEO’s schedule advances organizational priorities.
- Coordinate with meeting participants to ensure that the CEO has any relevant materials or information needed to prepare for meetings, and organize post-meeting notes and deliverables.
- Continually improve processes for information and project management for the Office of the CEO.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Civitech team and ensure that information and tasks from the CEO are effectively communicated to the team.
- Coordinate in-person and virtual events and executive meetings on behalf of the CEO.
- Manage travel logistics for the CEO. Support the CEO on internal operations tasks and special projects.
- Support the operations team in efforts to reopen Austin office and support ongoing day-to-day management of Austin office.
- Have exceptional administrative and organizational skills.
- Eager to utilize new technology to streamline processes and information management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Able to work under pressure to prioritize and complete a wide variety of projects, tasks, and confidential matters with discretion, and consistently demonstrate the highest level of customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including staff, board members, investors, community members, and external partners.
- Proactive thinker that actively seeks opportunities to be helpful and make improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Self-starter with a willingness to innovate.
- Proficient in Google Workspace.
- Comfortable managing up and across organizations.
- Asks questions and drives for clarity when negotiating ambiguous or conflicting priorities, comfortable asking for help.
- Inspired to learn and motivated to grow at Civitech or in the progressive space.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX. This job will be based in Austin, TX.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary ($45K-$60K for Austin-based candidates commensurate with experience). Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks paid vacation time per year; 10 days paid sick time; and a competitive company stock plan.
The Executive Assistant is on our CEO Office Team and reports to our CEO.
Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.