Executive Producer, Core Games
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, Visual Concepts and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We’re looking for an Executive Producer to work with 2K’s internal and external studios in developing and publishing a slate of exciting new AAA titles in the shooter, action, role-playing and/or strategy genres. Executive Producers within 2K’s Product & Live Service team are responsible for leading several titles from inception through to post-launch operations. We need someone who is self-motivated, is highly organized, possess strong leadership and team-building skills, and most importantly who understands what makes a great game. An Executive Producer is a leader-of-leaders who unifies internal and external groups towards a specific set of goals, tracks and leads progress, removes roadblocks and ultimately is responsible and accountable for shipping high-quality products that our players love.
What You Will Do
- Partner with extraordinary development teams in both internal and external studios to help them realize their creative vision and support them in all aspects required to achieve the highest quality products
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development from concept to completion and act as the product’s champion both with the studio and the larger 2K publishing organization
- Oversee, lead and collaborate closely with internal and external studio partners to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle
- Ensure each title has a clear investment thesis and is built to meet or exceed their success criteria and publisher goals
- Establish development priorities and landmarks on a per-project basis
- Lead strategic planning for product budgets and milestone schedules and lead forecasts of the budget, anticipating, identifying, and resolving overruns
- Ensure Sr. Producers identify, track and mitigate key development and publishing risks on their titles.
- Present updates throughout the entire product life cycle to the executive management layer at the label, regarding project strategy, status, budget, quality
- Coach and manage studios through each milestone gate while ensuring adherence to schedules, budget, scope and quality expectations at each phase of development.
- Partner with 2K Live Services to ensure titles are set up for success regarding games-as-a-service (GaaS) - including a post-launch strategy that is data-driven to support key performance indicators
- Collaborate with publishing stakeholders in Marketing, Commercial Growth and Live Services to define key publisher-led initiatives and drive alignment with the studio
- Hire, manage and mentor producers at all levels, and support their growth and career development to ensure they have clear goals and expectations.
- Lead and act to prevent potential conflicts between internal and external expectations for projects
- Assist with coordinating game release process with internal groups including Marketing, Live Services, QA, Core Technology and Customer Service
- Assist with portfolio planning and identifying key products to acquire or license to support the company business goals
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- Expert-level understanding of the game development process (ideally from hands-on experience leading development teams)
- Ability to foresee and mitigate key development risks including those related scope, budget, staffing and product quality.
- Experience with the publishing process, particularly for AAA PC/console titles.
- Knowledge of live operations and games-as-a-service (GaaS)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Experience building and being a great partner with vendors and other external resources
- Experience with conflict resolution, with particular regard to mitigating, and resolving development, publishing and product quality risks
- Understanding of various production processes and methodologies
- Displays resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to lead to and deliver on hard product deadlines with rapid development cycles while being the guardian over product quality in all phases of game development from concept to completion
- Ability to inspire and motivate those that work for them and those they work with
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute with autonomy
- Experience with AAA console / PC products preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with shooters, RPGs and/or action games is a plus
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.