RACKED is seeking a talented video producer to drive the creative vision and strategy behind our in-house video programming. This person will be responsible for creating content, building Racked’s video team from the ground up, developing and executing the brand’s video strategy, and setting priorities and goals that reflect the brand’s overall strategy and goals.
The ideal candidate will have a strong vision for Racked's video across platforms and a clear plan for how to get there. Enthusiasm, an ability to juggle multiple projects, and initiative to kick-start projects in a busy work environment is a must, as is an interest in style, shopping, and beauty.
- Understanding of the process of writing, shooting, editing, animating, publishing 2-10 minute videos about fashion, shopping, beauty, and pop culture.
- Recruit and onboard new teammates who are equally passionate about making videos.
- Generate creative approaches to illustrating ideas, stories, and trends.
- Develop series and formats, especially for social channels, with an initial focus on growing native Facebook video
- Create and oversee production and freelancer budgets
- Execute video distribution strategy in tandem with and in addition to editorial calendar
- Produce video in the field and in studio
- Manage day-to-day production with a growing team of people who love making digital video
- Manage multiple projects in simultaneous stages of production (development, pre-production, production, and post)
- Strong video editing proficiency, as demonstrated by professional or personal portfolio and projects.
- After Effects proficiency
- Time-lapse and stop-motion experience also a plus
- Excellent communication and research skills, and a keen eye for quality programming, as well as what has viral/shareable potential
- Experience actively managing productions and keeping stakeholders abreast of progress and schedules
- Deep familiarity with the competitive set in our digital space, as well as video strategy at similarly successful media companies
- Passion for social media and visual storytelling
Sound like you? Then drop us a resume and a cover letter. In your letter, please include at least 3 links to your past work, and pitch 4 video stories:
- One you'd make in a day
- Two you'd make in a week
- One you'd make in 2 weeks