Spotify is looking for a Web Engineer to join our Spotify for Artists engineering organization. You will help support our mission to give a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work. If you’re interested in empowering music creators to connect directly to their fans on Spotify, come join us.
What you'll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives.
- Develop solutions on both our Spotify for Artists & Spotify platforms.
- Be a strong participant in the Spotify-wide web developer community affecting and driving web engineering across the company.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Facilitate collaboration with engineers, product owners, and designers to seek exciting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who you are
- Interested in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise.
- Experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.