PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an Experimentation Analyst to join our Product Analytics team who will be responsible for the planning, execution, analysis, collaboration, and documentation of experimentation and optimization projects on PlayStation platform under the supervision of Experimentation Manager, Product Analytics. Key areas of responsibility include experiment configuration and deployment support, experiment performance reporting and visualization, partnership with multiple engineering, product and analytics teams and great communication skills.
- Design A/B test experiments, review and validate test data, conduct analysis, and report results working with data scientist in the experimentation team
- Maintain, QA, and monitor progression of live and staged experiments within the experimentation platform. Analyze volume and call tests when statistical relevancy and minimal detectable lift is reached. Complete post-test analysis, summary, and readout for partners.
- Explore and segment data to identify and explain key drivers; design and build models, dashboards, and visualizations to support Product teams
- Work in close collaboration with data engineering, software development, data sciences, user experience and product management teams to define experimentation requirements and metrics, and then conceptualize, design, and execute embedded analytical tools and solutions for these experiments.
- Independently extract and integrate data from multiple big data systems to support analytical efforts, including writing complex SQL queries, analyze in-app customer journeys through Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
- Research and recommend experimentation standard methodologies. Participate in the usage and growth of our digital tools, reporting visualization skills, analytical storytelling, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Business, or related course of study required or equivalent work experience. Related Master’s Degree a plus
- 2+ years of experience using data to conduct experiments, supporting experimentation and optimization: A|B, split, multivariate analysis
- 2+ years of experience working with product leads, product managers, software engineering and user experience design teams
- 2+ years of relevant experience in data analysis with advanced SQL programming skills, high level of independence required
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience with web tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and standard BI Tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, , Cognos, etc.)
- Experience with testing platforms built-in house and/or 3rd parties (Optimizely, Target, Optymyze, AB Tasty)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Spotfire)
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g. confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression analysis)
- Demonstrable expertise in various analytic modeling techniques including multivariate/linear regression, k-means clustering, etc. is preferred
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint) as well as Visio to prepare and present analysis results
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.