About the job
Reporting to the Facilities Manager/Team Leader, this SPECIALIST role is to use his/her functional and technical expertise to manage the built asset; both building facilities and the store in order to create an environment that strongly support the core business of IKEA.
- You contribute by ensuring a safe, clean and functional environment and providing comprehensive maintenance service to the building equipment & machines for co-workers, visitors and customers in order to strengthen IKEA's position as the best home furnishing specialist in our local market;
- You conduct scheduled & reactive inspections on the property listed equipment & systems;
- You attend and ensure that IKEA store operations are well managed, ensuring that the building services in good operational condition 'In Shape As New'.
- You supervise the works of contractors in compliance with their PPM, in house rules, safety and emergency procedures;
- You follow up scheduled maintenance in accordance to the Maintenance Plan (5 years) to schedule repairs and respond to service calls of the Store;
- You discuss/evaluate maintenance problem/service calls and agree to service delivery solution to IKEA Store and IKANO serviced office;
- You maintain and manage the workshop and 'loft' space, keeping them tidy and well organized at all time;
- You carry out work in public areas of the building in such a way as to minimize disruption, risk and inconvenience to co-workers, visitors and customers;
- You supervise pest control programs so that the building are maintained pest free;
- You confidently prioritize and manage time efficiently to complete tasks identified by your superior and through one's own initiative;
- You contribute to the effective operation of IKEA’s Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
- You have at least 2- 3 years of experience in facilities maintenance work in a retail environment; a License in Engineering is an advantage.
- You are able to work independently and have good communication skills;
- You have the technical expertise to work and control PC based equipment and the must be able to operate and read the system;
- You are able to write simple reports.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements. Working on public holidays and weekends.