ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR FIRST
Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor; we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch.
Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 1,200 individuals build more than 200 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
EF itself is backed by some of the world’s best investors, including the founders of LinkedIn, DeepMind and PayPal and runs cohorts in London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Berlin, Paris and Bangalore.
We are on the lookout for a Facilities Manager who will play a vital role in making our London office an enjoyable environment for the ambitious people who take part in our programme (“the cohort”) and our team.
Our Facilities Manager will be responsible for all facility operations. This includes management of reception, security, health and safety, and will closely manage contractor relationships. The primary function of the facility manager is to ensure that the office space is kept organized, safe and meets the needs of the team and cohort members.
- You have 2+ years experience as a facilities or office manager, involved in operations including budgeting, planning, timeline management, implementation and execution.
- You’ll have the ability to manage two locations which are next door to each other, but separate spaces; the EF team office, and our cohort co-working site simultaneously
- You’re energetic, a self-starter, you are hands-on with all aspects of the daily tasks that make our team and cohort experience great
- You have excellent interpersonal skills: you love helping people, no task is too big or too small and you are passionate about supporting others
- You’ll go out of your way to find the best solution for the team and company.
- You care about creating a productive working environment and pay close attention to the details that delight others
- You are proactive and motivated and believe in setting and maintaining high standards for yourself and those around you
- An experienced problem solver, finding clever solutions to facilities challenges
- You are a successful negotiator and can manage service contracts and deal with a range of stakeholders
- Maintain an impeccable (and relaxed!) work environment by keeping the office presentable and facilities in good working order. This will include proactively resolving issues and focusing on improving operational efficiency at all levels.
- Manage the meeting rooms and make sure they are set up with the resources our teams need
- Maintain our AV and make sure we are set up for cross connectivity globally
- Front of house: act as a friendly and welcoming presence for our cohort, team and guests
- Assist in the set-up and running of events: from fireside chats to full company events and exclusive dinners, (you’ll have great exposure to event management and to high profile individuals in tech)
- Keep our office functioning smoothly by looking after printers and stationery, and keep our team and cohort refreshed by stocking our kitchens on a daily basis
- Responsible for following the facility operations, health & safety standard operating procedures and all policies, and updating these as necessary.
- Arrange servicing and upkeep of appliances, security systems, and co-ordinate regular maintenance checks
- Work alongside our Leads and manage logistics and scheduling for program related meetings and talks in meeting rooms & in our open plan event space
Location and Start Date
You’ll be based at our London offices at The Biscuit Factory in Bermondsey (SE16 4DG), and would start as soon as possible.
You will be paid a market related salary which will be in line with your experience.
The benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship - and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
- Working in a buzzing space full of technical founders and being part of an enthusiastic and fast-paced team
- A 6 week holiday allowance (including the two weeks at Christmas and New Year)
- A book allowance to help us collectively build the EF library and access to our Cycle to Work and Technology schemes
- Annual retreats with our Global team
If of interest, please contact Danielle Silvestro (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and an email outlining why you are interested in the job.
Location: Bermondsey, London
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.