First Look Media is a new-model company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look operates as both a studio and digital media company. As a studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens and platforms including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. As a media company, we are finding new ways to connect compelling independent creators with passionate audiences through our own properties and on media platforms of our partners.
The First Look Media Facilities Manager will oversee the operation of two floors in a prestigious Flatiron district building and one satellite office in DC. The manager will handle day-to-day maintenance, space planning, employee onboarding, events, and security for our growing company.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, building rules and applicable ordinances
- Develop and maintain great relationships with building personnel and management
- Oversee space planning as business scales
- Conduct space and lease search when necessary
- Manage existing furniture, fixtures, appliances/equipment
- Generate and maintain equipment inventories
- Research equipment and furniture needs as required, order and install furniture and maintain furniture inventory
- Negotiate and administer facilities supplier/provider/vendor agreements (janitorial, security, coffee service, office supplies, copier lease, repairs, maintenance, etc.)
- Oversee capital improvement projects
- Manage Subtenant relationship and administration
- Identify and resolve janitorial issues
- Manage all vendor activity, including before/after hours
- Respond to facilities emergencies and provide coverage 24/7
- Support events, including: develop a security plan, assist with setup/breakdown of furniture/facility for event, manage Certificates of Insurance, manage building requirements (freight access, elevator usage, guest lists, fire wardens, etc.)
- Oversee staff moves/adds/changes, including seating changes
- Coordinate with HR for On/Off boarding – distribute and revoke access cards, building tours, manage security protocols after termination
- Assist in updating of Office Manual as necessary
- Develop and maintain Life Safety and Disaster Recovery Plans, manage building emergency and fire drills
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years previous facilities or property management experience required
- Experience managing commercial real estate, office space search and leasing processes, facilities design and fit out
- Experience coordinating commercial office construction, construction management and/or interior/architectural design
- Knowledge of industry best practices, BOMA standards, LEED standards and industry best standards with regard to sustainability
- Familiarity with insurance policies typical of commercial office facilities
- Experience designing and installing audio/visual solutions
Anticipate issues and act proactively to ensure all facilities are:
- Well maintained
- In compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and corporate policies
- Efficient and function smoothly
- Resilient and capable of uninterrupted operations despite utility outages and other challenges
- Ability to identify and respond rapidly to evolving user needs
- Budget management - develop facility and construction related budgets
- Excellent verbal, written and communications skills, communicate effectively with both management and team regarding facilities issues
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills, deliver project on time and on budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort level with ambiguity and change
- Ability to establish credibility and trust with stakeholders and staff
*This position occasionally requires a varied work schedule (including occasional evenings and weekends).
*Ability to lift minimum 25 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.