We are passionate about engineering organisms at Ginkgo Bioworks to address fundamental challenges the world is facing today. We are looking for a like-minded individual to manage our facilities. We want to transform genetic engineering into an integrated, industrialized technology pipeline, and our labs are the center of our work. We have launched multiple foundries for engineering organisms containing custom CAD/CAM software, robotic automation, the latest genetic and genome engineering tools, high resolution LC-MS, automated fermentation, and much more.
To manage the home for all this incredible technology, you will need to balance a thoughtful attention to detail with a unflappable tolerance for chaos. We need you to not only keep our space running as we constantly innovate our science, but also to develop and execute on a vision for the future of our space.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to help manage our physical facilities. The right candidate has the capacity to grow with the company and fill a leadership role in facilities management today or in the near future.
- Maintain general building structures and permanent interiors
- Contribute to the design and construction of new labs and offices
- Oversee acquisition, installation, operation, maintenance and disposition of building & lab systems & equipment
- Overall Ginkgo site(s) maintenance & repairs
- Landlord and vendor management
- Assist with project management roles
- Minimum bachelors degree in Facilities Management or 3 years practical experience in Facilities Management
- Basic science or biology training is a plus
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack - we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.