Zymergen is adding to its Facilities team a Facilities Project Coordinator to manage activities for the department. The ideal candidate will provide cross-functional support to Facilities, Engineering, Construction Management, and Project Management teams. This role will implement best practices to streamline projects and operations within the facility department. This individual performs documentation reviews thoroughly, with high attention to detail, using extensive working knowledge of quality concepts and internal procedures and controls. The position is responsible for providing a wide range of critical support for facilities services in the Facilities Business Office. The focus of the position will be coordination of planned, and unplanned work, maintenance planning, scheduling, and communication of work orders across multiple buildings, the future focus is to have these activities meet GLP standards.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Represent the Facility department in cross-functional groups to assist in improving Service and Support programs throughout the company.
- Maintain Facilities task lists, create and review KPI reports, track new and existing trouble tickets, work with procurement on equipment service contracts with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing maintenance vendors
- Support Director of Facilities Engineering on Data Quality Management review for departmental KPI’s.
- Facilitates or develops and provides training on department-specific procedures and systems.
- Participates in internal, supplier and Regulatory Agency audits as needed.
- Support implementation and management of good processes such as 5S system, Vendor Managed Inventories and Spares Management.
- Manage CMMS, create new and revise existing maintenance schedules, uploads CMMS data and supporting documents, coordinate with Calibration and Maintenance team on reviewing KPI’s
- Assign Calibration, Maintenance, and Work Orders to the Facilities Group and outside vendors.
- Organize existing and new as-built drawings, project turnover documents and equipment manuals in both electronic and hard copy files, maintain a drawing organization system for all projects, and any turn over documents. Support Facilities construction management with document control, and some contract and construction site management and coordination.
- Participating in the selection, qualification, and management of consumable and tool suppliers as well as service providers
- Work with our Engineering team to maintain, and track Mechanical and Life Safety Regulatory Permit process for properties
- Maintain Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) reports like air permits, wastewater discharge permits, and backflow preventer inspections;
- Review and update company guidelines, procedures. Writes new facilities Standard Operating Procedures and revises existing SOP’s.
- 5 years’ experience working in a Facilities or Maintenance related environment, preferably from a Manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, prepare metrics and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment to accomplish goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with site personnel, peers, and management.
- Experience or understanding of Good manufacturing practices (GMP), able to implement these practices as needed
- Solid comprehension of capacity planning, utility planning, and headcount planning and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of GxP compliance requirements related to maintenance operations.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Experience working within Controlled Documents, Engineering Change Request, Corrective Action, and Root Cause Analysis processes
- This role is expected to provide occasional weekend support and this is only to provide additional support on special projects.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience guiding, training and supporting a small team or supervising a technical staff
- CAD experience preferred but not required
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.