Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
Farm Marketing Advisor
This person will join our rapidly growing crop marketing business as part of the effort to expand the Market Advisory Program and related service offerings which includes marketing intelligence, and advisory services. This is a unique opportunity to become a critical part of a high-value business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
- Own the farmer relationship providing personalized marketing advice and support using our centralized market intelligence, recommendations, contracts and services
- Proactively work to uncover the clients marketing challenges and goals, and develop a marketing plan that aligns to these criteria as well as identified marketing best practices
- Stay current on the latest market information in order to provide clients with market context to aid in their decision making
- Communicate all centrally created marketing recommendations to the clients, ensuring those recommendations are personalized to specific farm operations
- Work effectively in a team environment among traders, settlement, logistics and other support staff and help enable effective communication across the entire team
- Build and maintain reports that track positions, show performance and communicate results
- Review and prepare operational documentation including various reports for internal and external use
- Create relationships with end buyers
Required characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA preferred
- Specialized knowledge of grain marketing and risk management practices
- Solid grasp of grain futures and options markets as well as associated OTC derivative products like hedge-to-arrive contracts
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the Farmers First®
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and creative
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
Willingness to travel and be on farm on the day-to-day basisPreferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- 3+ years working in a similar grain consulting or advisory role
- 3+ on-farm sales experience
- Experience in cash grain markets or grain merchandising
- Existing relationships with farmers and end-buyers
- Familiarity with analyst groups and hedge funds within the commodities sector