At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Partner Account Manager / Field Business Development Manager (“FBDM”) to develop and lead our North Asia region field engagements with partners. Apache Kafka™ and Confluent are powering the transformation to real-time business across various industries and that is having a profound impact on traditional business. This shift creates unprecedented opportunities across industries from Financial Services, Healthcare to Manufacturing and Retail.
This market shift offers a significant opportunity for Partners to build practices and solutions based on the Confluent Platform, on-prem and in the cloud, that leverages their regional, industry and technology integration assets.
We are seeing a significant increase in the partner ecosystem interest to work with Confluent. We need someone to join the team who is willing to jump in and execute on the current opportunities while building the relationships and engagement to drive our partner business to the next level of success.
- Recruit, Develop and drive partner business with Regional Systems Integrators in region.
- Work with sales leadership to develop partner strategy and plan to support execution in region.
- Develop and execute business plans & pipeline with key partners.
- Work closely with Confluent sales teams to develop and execute key opportunities with partners.
- Drive recruitment and enablement with target partners in the region, support other partner requirements as necessary.
- Work with Confluent’s Partner Solutions Architect and Marketing to enable partners to develop, launch and support Confluent based solutions and services.
Key Performance Metrics and Indicators:
- Portfolio of certified and productive partners able to support the region’s business.
- Bookings generated through co-selling and influence of Partner portfolio.
- Leads and opportunity sourced through engagement with partners.
- Confluent based business solutions developed by partners.
- Ability to work well with the partners and Confluent sales organization
- Enablement of key partners and development of key partners per sales sub-region.
- Partner satisfaction and loyalty.
Requisite Experience and Education:
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of related experience in Channel Partner Management or Business Development. Direct sales experience strongly preferred.
- Track record working with Global SI (“GSI”), Regional SI (“RSI”) and Cloud players (GCP, Azure and/or AWS), as well as their cloud, focused RSI, in joint GTM.
- Familiarity with the big 3 cloud players offerings and GTM approach
- Ability to connect and articulate business and technology strategy.
- The right attitude - Self-starter and has the ability to work independently with a strong sense of urgency and passion to make great things happen.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving customer-led culture is essential.
- A positive, can-do and pragmatic approach.
- Ability to multi-task and keep a number of actions moving forward at once.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills required - both internally & with the partners.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Experience in enterprise software required.
- Experience in selling enterprise messaging, data or analytics products is preferred.
- Working in Open Source software models preferred.
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming data platforms preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data, stream processing technologies and/or ecosystems preferred
- Location: Bangalore
- BA/BS degree required. MBA Preferred.
- CA-AM and CSAP certification preferred.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.