At Pivotal, our mission is to provide the software and expertise to enable customers to build a new class of digital applications as they transform their business.
We have a unique opportunity to help our customers transform using Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal Labs and we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are developing their software delivery capability and building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
We are looking for a hands-on technical expert who can train and enable our partners to position, sell, and compete using Pivotal’s technology. Through deep technical knowledge, Alliances Field Engineers collaborate with Alliances Account Execs to influence and encourage partners to propose Pivotal solutions for all related opportunities within their customer base.
- Develop joint solutions with partners and maintain subject-matter expertise across all joint solutions
- Train and coach partner reps and pre-sales engineers on the value of proposed Pivotal solutions
- Create sales enablement content, including workshops and e-learning material, and conduct train-the-trainer activities
- Sell with partner pre-sales engineers and provide pre-sales technical support (e.g., POCs) as needed
- Apply knowledge of competitive solutions to help partner sales and pre-sales engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for customers
- Build strong relationships within the Alliances team in support of company objectives
- Travel is required
- Ideally 2+ years of experience as cloud-based enterprise software pre-sales expert
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Comfortable writing software (Java, Go, or equivalent)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry or Spring is a very strong asset
- Familiarity with open source technology and the related opportunities and challenges
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Analytical ability, problem-solving & decision-making skills, and ability to manage time spent on competing priorities
- Customer/partner focused and results driven
- Outstanding collaboration and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking experience and ability to compose and deliver engaging presentation material