As a Sr. Human Resource Generalist, you will be focused on all things people for our Logistics and Wholesale team. In this role, you will lead efforts to improve processes, drive efficiencies, collaborate with and advise leaders on: recruiting, talent & leadership development, employee relations, recognition & retention programs, and departmental strategic initiatives.
- Onboarding – You will work with our home office onboarding team to ensure that Logistics and Inspection Center onboarding is consistent with the company process and that the employee is well informed and energized on their first day.
- Recruiting and Interviewing – You will be a representative for Carvana at local recruiting events and a part of the interview process for candidates at Logistics locations.
- Build and implement programs and processes to enhance and elevate the employee experience
- Work closely with leadership and employees to improve team/leadership effectiveness, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Oversee effective management of employee relations, concerns, and investigations
- Maintain compliance with employment and legal paperwork, disclosures, required training, etc.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine separation causes
- Communicate, interpret, and enforce company and site policies
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a human resources position
- Knowledge of employment laws and workplace compliance
- Strong and effective communicator
- Positive and energetic team member
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent leadership skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- Compensation: Salaried position
- Benefits: 100% Paid Medical, 401(k) with Match, paid time off and holidays
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
- Will be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials
- Frequent standing and sitting with varying periods of each
- Flexibility in availability to support business operations, which may sometimes include evening weekend hours
- Travel will be required up to 25% of the time.
CARVANA is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background, DMV check, and drug screening process. CARVANA is a tobacco-free workplace.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.