MarineTraffic is the world’s leading and most trusted ship tracking service and provides AIS-based solutions and intelligence to organizations seeking a competitive advantage, across a wide range of sectors. Our teams are constantly innovating and starting new exciting projects, addressing customers’ needs for additional intelligence and improved efficiency. Shipping is big business.
As a result of our significant growth we are looking to add a seasoned sales hunter to drive sales activity in North America our Sales Director – Leader and as part of our Global Sales team. It requires an entrepreneur and self-starter mentality, someone who can bring new logos across various key verticals (Shipping, Logistics, Oil & Gas).
We are looking for a competitive and trustworthy Filed Sales Executive to help us build up our business activities. You will be responsible for managing Sales customer requests and maintaining customer satisfaction. The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Managed an assigned territory (prospective accounts North America) with the associated revenue targets and commission structure.
- Able to develop and present a thorough territory plan within the first 90 days.
- Execute business development activity to strategically grow the customer base through prospecting and cold calling potential customers, leveraging a repeatable sales process to drive to closure. Be expert at selling to both commercial organizations and governments across a range of industry verticals.
- Exceed activity, pipeline and revenue targets and lead contract negotiations.
- Keep accurate and complete information on Salesforce CRM system including prospecting activity, closing, sales pipeline and forecasting, close ratios and market intelligence.
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of MarineTraffic’s products and services.
- Follow a consultative approach in order to understand client’s needs and business challenges
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Pre-Sales, Product, Engineering, Customer Success) regarding new and existing clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Approximately 30% to 50% travel.
Share product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to internal stakeholders at MarineTraffic, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- 5 to 10 years of quota exceeding Sales experience working for a technology vendor selling Enterprise solutions (data, Cloud, software, SaaS).
- Some combination at working at both established and early-stage companies.
- A track record of developing a greenfield territory, adding net new logos.
- A hunting mentality with a very strong Sales DNA and demonstrated success utilizing a consultative approach – you effectively build rapport, define needs and close because you propose the right solution
- The ability to identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and presence and fluent in English
- The ability to work cross culturally and cross functionally.
- The right level of entrepreneurship, creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humor it takes to work with an evolving and growing organization.
- Maritime domain experience is a big plus
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
And here are just some of the perks you receive when you join MarineTraffic:
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun environment, at a growing company
- Attractive remuneration package
- Continuing education and training
- Huge learning experience and room for experimentation
If you you are looking for a role that is both challenging and fun, get your career on course by joining a globally recognized industry leader.