At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
Hiring Immediately, Field Sales Representative
What are some Field Sales Representatives responsibilities:
- Conduct in-person interviews in panelist’s homes.
- Navigate secured buildings, gated communities, stairs, elevators, walkways and driveways (paved and unpaved) and a variety of entrances into a prospective participant's residence.
- Travel to selected homes within a territory using a company-provided vehicle.
- Approach statistically-selected homes (door to door) with or without an appointment while communicating in English and Spanish.
- Persuade selected households over the phone and/or in person to participate in Nielsen TV, Radio and Computer Research.
What are the qualifications:
- Military experience welcomed
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with all types of people.
- Demonstrate the ability to "sell” selected participants on the importance of participating in the Nielsen Ratings.
- Bring relevant work or volunteer experience that includes customer service, market research, education, census bureau research, in-field research, hospitality , social service, door-to-door sales, campaign canvassing, etc.
- Work and manage a non-traditional schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Meet minimum education requirements: High School Diploma or GED OR 2 + years equivalent work experience.
- Show proficiency using a tablet and smartphone including the use of e-mail, spreadsheets, and other computer applications.
- Have a valid driver’s license, and satisfactory driving record.
- Consistently meet individual performance metrics.
Physical Demands: The associate must be willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to be outside, in all weather conditions, year-round going door-to-door into people’s homes
- Be able to navigate stairs, elevators, walkways and driveways (paved and unpaved) and a wide variety of entrances into people’s homes.
- Willing and able to interact with people for several hours in their home - regardless of the location or condition of their home, this includes, but is not limited to homes that may contain pets, dust, plants, odors or other irritants of any kind, as well as be in various states of cleanliness or disarray.
- Travel Locally for up to 50% of the time
- Driving for up to 8 hours per day
- Standing for up to 6 hours per day
- Kneeling for up to 2 hours per day
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to walk half of a mile
- Ability to work in all seasons and inclement weather
Enabling your best to power a better media future. Our comprehensive benefits package (including health & wellness plans, 401(k) retirement coupled with a Nielsen match, a generous paid time off policy, company provided car for those who qualify, and if eligible, a discretionary incentive/bonus) is designed to be inclusive for all employees and families, and we take pride in ensuring that employees are rewarded holistically for the role they are doing and their performance.
A reasonable estimate of salary for a new employee to be offered this role would be $43,500 , which would be adjusted based on each employee's geographic location. The position of each employee within a compensation range at Nielsen is dependent on several individual circumstances, such as experience, training, certifications and other business requirements/needs.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.