Location: Dublin, Ireland
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Coinbase Ireland is looking for a Finance and GL Operations Manager to perform detailed accounting and reporting support for Coinbase Ireland and the wider Coinbase Group’s operations. In this role, the ideal employee will assist the Country Manager/Head of Finance (Ireland) on local regulatory matters and regulatory/board reporting while managing the Coinbase Group General Ledger Centre of Excellence which is based in Dublin. Reporting directly to the Country Manager/Head of Finance (Ireland) and working closely with the Group Controllership and Chief Accounting Officer, the Finance and GL Operations Manager is expected to follow and understand general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory accounting guidelines.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage the General Ledger Centre of Excellence and the preparation of daily and monthly journal entries and supporting schedules for areas of responsibilities in the organization, with focus on Group assets and liabilities, including but not limited to: corporate cash, fixed assets, prepaids, intangibles and accounts payable.
- Review of reconciliations and supporting schedules prepared by other members of the team
- Coordinate financial regulatory reporting for Coinbase Ireland and other regulated Entities in Europe
- Assist with coordination of local payroll processing and related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Adhere to the month-end and quarter-end close processes through completion of recurring tasks and journal entries and ensure compliance with US GAAP, FRS 102 and IFRS where applicable.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and variance analysis to ensure financial statement accuracy.
- Perform Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Become involved in the operations of the company and suggest improvements to current accounting and reporting processes.
- Prepare consolidated, and entity-specific account analysis for both the P&L and Balance Sheet. Provide variance details for significant fluctuations and make recommendations for adjustments as appropriate.
- Identify process and control improvement opportunities and work with teams across the Business to implement the appropriate modifications.
- Develop relationships with key internal and external financial constituencies.
- Coordinates audit requests for areas of responsibilities and assists management with internal, financial and regulatory audits.
- Coaching, Mentoring and Contributing to the development of other members of the team
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- A professional qualification, and membership of a recognised professional body (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) is a prerequisite .
- Significant PQE in industry/financial services with prior experience focusing on general ledger accounting in practice in a “Big 4/ Top 10” firm or similar.
- Regulatory Reporting Experience in a Central Bank of Ireland regulated entity (e.g. MiFID/ Credit Institution)
- Experience of interacting with regulators
- Management Experience
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of internal controls to mitigate the risk of material misstatement.
- In-depth skills in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with team to identify process improvements.
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and effective time management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions
- Adapt to a fast-paced continuous learning environment and show a willingness to take on additional responsibility where required.
Nice to haves:
- “Month End Close” experience in a multi-jurisdictional Group Finance function, in addition to prior accounting experience in practice preferred.
- Netsuite and Google Suite experience
- SOX environment or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with European Communities (Electronic Money) Regulations 2011, as
- Amended; and European Union (Payment Services) Regulations 2018 or other Europe-wide regulatory frameworks would be advantageous.