At Big Health we’re creating the first generation of “digital medicine” in order to help 1m people back to good mental health by 2020. Our personalized behavioral programs are automated so they’re highly scalable, yet backed by gold-standard scientific evidence.
Our first product, Sleepio, is a digital sleep improvement program that features proven cognitive and behavioral techniques but is designed to feel more like entertainment than medicine. Delivered by your virtual animated sleep expert, The Prof and his narcoleptic dog, Pavlov, Sleepio has been the subject of 14 peer-reviewed scientific papers to date including three randomized controlled trials (RCTs).
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with a team that’s growing fast so we’re looking for a Finance and Operations Lead in the city that can manage our finances both near and long-term, while helping to grow our fledgling people operations team.
• You will develop, advise on, and track performance against annual projections and budgets
• You will build on and improve our existing financial processes, controls, and internal policies as we grow
• You will manage our day to day accounting, revenue recognition, payroll, and accounts payable & receivable
• You will be responsible for reporting accurate financial accounts on a regular basis to management and the board
• You will ensure compliance with all local, state, and national tax requirements and with filings between the UK and US.
• You will manage necessary external relationships, including audit, tax, banks, investors, and consultants.
• You will help oversee our office operations - you’ll support and oversee our Office Manager in creating a fun and productive office environment for our team
• You will oversee our hiring and on-boarding processes - you’ll identify areas for improvement and support team members on making these improvements
• You will build out and execute a total rewards strategy - you’ll manage our annual compensation review and option grant processes, review and supplement our benefits and perks package, and refine our internal benefit policies
• You have at least 8 years experience in finance and accounting
• You have experience in a fast growth startup environment
• You love keeping things organized
• You’re not just about the numbers, you’re also kind, supportive, sensitive and always ready to listen
• You have a positive, can-do attitude - you’re always ready to overcome challenges, and your tendency is to be among the first to volunteer to take them on
• You are humble and get things done, all while having fun and making sure those around you have fun too
IT WOULD BE A BONUS IF:
• You have a passion for healthcare and mental health
• You have an interest beyond the numbers in people operations and helping to grow teams
• You have knowledge of both UK & US accounting and tax requirements
MORE BACKGROUND ON BIG HEALTH
• Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
• Working with many of the world’s leading employers, including Fortune 500 companies, the most prominent technology firms, and leading healthcare institutions, enabling Sleepio to be available to over 1 million people by the end of 2016, all paid for by their employer
• Partnerships with Oxford University, three leading health insurers, and multiple US universities and hospitals
• Sleepio is recognized by Nature, Ranked, and The King’s Fund as the best evidenced App in its category
WORKING WITH US
• We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity in our work culture.
• We offer a competitive salary and equity package.
• We try hard to create a happy and healthy workplace for ourselves. To accomplish this, we have: A clearly-structured personal review and development program; quarterly happiness
survey that we use to ensure we’re doing everything we can to maximize our happiness; weekly team talks, breakfasts, lunches, and outings; fund for spending on personal happiness; generous health benefits, generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy, and lots of other perks.
This job has been filled or removed by Big Health.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Finance and Operations Lead job post.✕