Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠 Think what Github did for Engineering Teams or Figma did for Design Teams (Website
, Product Tour
Our Story: Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national level healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science (TED talk
; Case Studies
The problem: That's how we learn't how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are the most interdisciplinary teams ever created: Analysts, Scientists, Engineers, Business; Diverse people with their own tooling preferences and skillsets and "DNA" that need to come together and collaborate effectively. Leading to collaboration chaos.
We would be awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues - from troubleshooting why number on a dashboard is incorrect to getting access to the right dataset! Atlan started as us building small tools to make our own data team more agile.
Over a couple of years, we made our team 6X more agile and went on to do amazing things like build India's National Data Platform used by its Prime Minister. (data for 500M citizens, built by an 8 member team, fastest project of its kind to go live — in 12 months instead of projected 3 years)
💡 Could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That's how Atlan was born. We're on the mission to help data teams around the world do their lives' best work.
🚀 We're growing fast
We've grown 16X in just the last 6 months 📈
We were named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the Top 3 companies globally (one of the fastest companies to make the list 🌏)
We're backed by iconic investors, including Sequoia Capital, Waterbridge Ventures and Mr. Ratan Tata 🏅
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences.... Just because data is chaos, doesn't mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip & Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan.
What makes you a great match for us? 😍
- OPTION 1: CA (Finals), CMA (Finals); completed 3 to 3.5 years of articleship or internship under a reputed CA or CMA firm
- OPTION 2: 3+ years of work experience doing technology investment banking and accounting in an accounting or FP&A role in a technology company or in a top-tier consulting firm
- Significant financial modeling acumen, with hands-on experience building granular operating models and forecasts and enables building a system and processes
- Strong knowledge of software/SaaS business models and accounting standards, auditing standards, IS standards, and aspects of the law (including company law, contract law, data law, etc.)
- Past experience working in a start-up or growth company environment is a plus
- Familiarity with business processes (creating budgets, monitoring and controlling variances, task tracking, etc.) is a plus
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience delivering on time-sensitive projects for senior executives
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- Passionate about the ability of data products to solve problems in both the public and private sectors
Do your life’s best work at Atlan 🚀
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life's best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their lives best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai
We'd normally invite potential Atlanians to our office meet our team and understand our culture, but given the global pandemic, we've opened up our internal team handbook which is a great read about our values and principles, how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now! 👇