“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
We are looking for Finance Business Analyst to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in the production of management accounts (both P&L and Capex) for Barcelona Center on a timely and accurate basis, working closely with the Overseas Finance Partner (OFP) and external accountancy firm. Also producing insightful commentary and carrying out period end review meetings with budget holders
- Proactively support business partners in identifying risks and opportunities, phasing of costs, procurement processes and accounting rules, both local legislation and IFRS.
- Build budgets and forecasts in conjunction with OFP and budget holders. Also provide commentary on key drivers behind variances
- Coordinate and control Payroll process in cooperation with external accounting services provider
- Support business partners on capital approval requests for new projects
- Process invoices (AP and AR) in an accurate and timely manner and ensure compliance with appropriate standards
- Support and control work from external consultants in the application of R+D bonuses and deductions,
- Support ad hoc requests for analysis and information related to Ocado HQ in the UK,from Overseas Finance Partner, Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Directors and their direct reports
- Own external audit process for the Spanish entity,
- Bank and credit card statement reconciliations and sharing information with accountancy firm,
- Financial controlling of employee’s benefits for payroll,
- Employee’s timesheets completion control
- Reporting activities like, staff’s travel/expenses, training and entertainment spend
- Maintain and enhance financial controls ensuring accuracy and robustness of reporting and budgeting processes
- Monitoring the transactional data & eliminating potential finance and/or payroll errors
- Implement law/social/tax in conjunction with the external accountancy
- Provide administrative support to Central Team and Employees
- Relationship with bank entities
- Must demonstrate a strong commercial understanding of the Ocado business, which is reflected in the reports, analysis and commentaries provided
- Continually look to improve the processes and reporting for the business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting (ADE)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Active experience of different responsibilities within Finance, comfortable with new tasks and projects
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
- Experience of period management accounts, analysis and commentary
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in supporting finance and non-finance teams
- System skills including mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle and Hyperion
- Experience of practical application of accounting rules around capitalisation of costs
- Approachable and collaborative style, actively contributing to decisions and improvements in a fast paced environment to become a trusted business partner
- Excellent communication as the role requires interaction across many functions of the business, both financial and non-financial and at all levels
- Being detail oriented will be essential for the role, but also being able to explain the big picture
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, demonstrating high levels of accuracy, thoroughness and reliability whilst coping under pressure
- Proactive in dealing with business challenges, having a flexible approach and responding to the changing nature of Ocado in a timely manner
- Learn fast, actively improving skills and knowledge and getting feedback to adapt as you go
What we can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English and Spanish language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the [email protected] district. We are currently right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona.
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.