At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business.
About the candidate
The ideal candidate will support the development and execution of Canva’s strategy through providing sound financial business analysis.
You are a high energy and commercially focused individual who is committed to making a difference and driving improved outcomes for Canva. Ideally applicants will have a proven background in Finance within Commercial Analyst or Management Accounting roles which had a strong business partnering requirement.
You can interpret data and communicate this clearly, especially to colleagues outside the finance function. You can act as the interface or ‘translator’ between the languages of finance and the other Groups, to deliver the information in a digestible way, with clarity and appropriate to specific audiences.
Your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, allowing you to gain the confidence of and develop strong professional relationships.
As Canva’s business environment becomes more complex, the finance team is having to adapt. The finance function is evolving to meet growing demands of Canva and is increasingly expected to take on a value-added, ‘business partnering’ role, to help other parts of the business improve their analysis and decision-making.
What you'll do:
- Advising on key business planning decisions, trade-offs and opportunities - with support from other finance functions where expertise is needed
- Interpreting, explaining and driving finance performance within Canva’s Groups (business units), including helping to set seasonal financial goals which fit in line with the overall business goals and the financial model
- Stimulate behaviours across the organisation to achieve strategic objectives and act as a catalyst in driving forward initiatives critical to delivering strategy
- Act as a key stakeholder in the business decision making process through the provision of financial information and analysis
- Input into budgeting and forecasting revenues and directly controllable costs associated to Groups, as part of supporting the overall Canva financial forecast model
- Providing commentary, analysis and insight into Groups performance that feeds up to the Finance Leadership Team and into Senior Management / Board Reporting
- Ownership and maintenance of Groups finance dashboards
- Ad-hoc involvement and support in wider finance projects and strategic initiatives
What we're looking for:
- At least 3+ years experience in a similarly focused role
- Professional experience in a commercial environment is ideal;
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent qualification;
- Experience with management reporting, forecasting and analysis is a must;
- Advanced MS Excel and financial modelling skills;
- Experience with Adaptive Insights is a bonus;
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Self motivated with a desire to learn;
- SaaS industry experience;
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines, and;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Access to Inhouse gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst - We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife