Eaze is a direct-to-consumer cannabis retailer and technology platform. As a member of the Finance team at Eaze, you'll play a central role in the expansion of the Eaze platform.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, we are looking for a Manager of Finance to join the Eaze team and collaborate on building out the function and financial system architecture. The Finance Manager is a key member of the finance organization, providing analytical support for guiding key functional areas within Eaze. This position involves establishing and maintaining working relationships with business partners, and supporting management with analysis and reporting to help support and accelerate rapid growth in our business.
Our Finance & Accounting team is focused on building a best in class team to help support our rapidly growing business.
This position can be based in the Los Angeles or San Francisco Bay Area.
What you'll do:
● Provide value-added insight into the business, including: financial reporting, gross margins, operating profit, and capital investments across the DTC growth initiatives
● Subject matter expert in budgeting, strategic planning, cash management, forecasting, reporting and optimization. Provide financial insight and analysis to the executive team
● Lead FP&A in delivery of monthly and quarterly reporting packages and executive decks that include forecasts, Key Performance Indicators (KPls), operational Dashboard, analysis of key business trends, actual-to date and final versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level highlights and explanations of differences.
● Build dynamic financial models that range from new product strategies to pricing analysis
● Prepare and provide senior leadership with regular reporting, dashboards, and executive presentations to make informed, strategic decisions for the business
● Lead monthly close with Accounting and other functional support
● Develop and optimize marketing budget to maximize ROI and analyze new business strategies and develop financial impact/valuation recommendations
● Own the forecasting process, collaborating with department heads
● Review comparison of actual results with budget and forecast estimates; prepare appropriate variance explanations and highlighting issues and recommendations to senior management
● Maintain highest integrity regarding the Company's financial accounting and reporting policies
● Ensure the organization operates in compliance with all appropriate internal and external rules and systems of control (laws, taxes, insurance, state, and local governments, etc.)
● Develop strategic and short and long-range financial goals and objectives
● Perform financial analysis and financial due diligence for new business development
● Conduct analysis of financial risks and benefits on new business initiatives
● Ensure that documentation is up to date in the case of an internal or external audit is conducted
What you bring:
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related major
● CPA license preferred
● Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a corporate accounting or finance role. Ideally, have experience working within an e-commerce or retail environment.
● Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
● Advanced problem solving, analytical, and Microsoft Excel skills
● Ability to work in an agile environment with shifting priorities
● Strong written and verbal communications skills
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact in a team environment with all levels of employees
, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.