honestbee is Asia’s fastest growing food service powered by community and technology.
For many cultures, food provides comfort, satisfies curiosity, makes celebrations better, fuels community and is a way to show someone you care. Our technology and operations takes care of your everyday hassles, makes thousands of food moments possible, and gives people the freedom and time to enjoy what really matters.
Join us in our vision to make life moments better for all through food, people and technology!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the business unit’s accurate and timely completion of the management and statutory accounts, as well as account recons and analysis
- Prepare financial reports and perform analytical review, including commentaries on material changes for review with HQ Finance, FP&A, and business unit
- Manage the business unit’s regulatory compliance, ensuring accurate and timely reporting and filing of statutory, tax, and other compliance requirements
- Provide advisory to the business unit, in consultation with HQ Accounting Team (as well as Legal and Tax, as appropriate), for new business models, revenue initiatives, and other projects that may require input from tax and statutory compliance perspective
- Manage end to end local statutory and tax (both direct and indirect tax) reporting
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including bankers, external and internal auditors, legal, company secretarial, tax agents, and regulatory bureaus/authorities, as required, to ensure regulatory and corporate compliance
- Drive automation and simplification in processes, in order to continuously improve end to end processes, while maintaining strong corporate governance
- Responsible for managing and developing local Accounting team through proper resource planning, coaching, development, and performance management
- Perform ad-hoc activities as and when requiredWhat are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of IFRS, and experienced in statutory and tax compliance
- Strong working knowledge of local accounting standards
- Executive presence with ability to influence and articulate complex technical topics to business partners; a mature team player with ability to work collaboratively in multicultural settings with diverse stakeholders across geography/locations
- Ability to work in ambiguous, high pace and dynamic environment and lead the team towards common business goals
- Strong willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Advanced MS office skills
- Working knowledge of consolidation reporting
- Prior experience with one of the big four audit firms or a high-growth start-up
- Experience working with Netsuite
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!
Keep an eye on what's buzzing at honestbee!
Follow us on LinkedIn
Happy bees in action on Instagram