We are living in some of the most exciting times for creative entrepreneurs. Visual artists are more empowered than ever before to capture the world around us - to share it and ultimately, to sell it. That’s why we’ve created a comprehensive platform that gives visual artists access to the tools they need so that making a name for themself - and making a living - is easier than ever before.
Meet Format, where photographers get serious.
Created specifically for photographers, tens of thousands of members worldwide use Format to showcase their work and grow their careers. Our product suite includes a website portfolio builder, an online store, client management tools and more. With 45+ fully remote team members, tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, and voted the #1 online portfolio, we’ve come a long way since our inception in 2010, but have really only just begun. And did we mention we are 100% bootstrapped?
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager for a 12-month contract (covering a maternity leave) to take on the responsibility for all day-to-day accounting functions, including bookkeeping, treasury, payroll operations and more.
What you’ll be working on at Format:
- Leading the full cycle month-end close process including accurate and timely monthly reporting
- Leading full-cycle bookkeeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense reporting and bank reconciliations
- Running bi-weekly payroll and processing payments
- Preparing monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Preparing reconciliations of key general ledger accounts
- Collaborating closely with consulting CFO and team on financial planning and modeling
- Supporting project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
- Assisting with financial planning including creating budgets and any other financial metrics as needed
- Providing accurate and timely reporting, analysis and recommendations to Senior Leadership for decision making, operational improvements, and financial targets
- Supporting the preparation and filings for corporate tax, sales and payroll taxes
- Managing compliance with all provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Leading the annual financial review and any other duties/ projects as needed
- Participating in leveraging and preparing tax credit and grant opportunities
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years accounting experience with CPA/ CA designation
- A combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly
- A love of numbers and strong Excel skills
- Experience using cloud based accounting software (Xero, QB, etc)
- Attention to detail and ability to thoroughly review your own work
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks while being flexible to changing needs
- Experience working in SaaS based businesses/ the technology industry
We are a company built on the values we believe in—impact, trust, care, and simplicity. We move fast, solve important problems and continuously aim to do, and be, better. At Format, the work of every team member matters—whether it’s for our members, company, team, or culture—we all strive to make an impact with ideas that are better, smarter, and more innovative.
As a small, but mighty, 45+ person team distributed globally, we are fiercely passionate about our mission. Our team members make important decisions every day that have direct and tangible impacts on our business. We also care deeply about fostering a company that our team is extremely proud to work for—creating many culture building and social opportunities and providing competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements and great perks and benefits.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the right place for you, then get in touch! We can’t wait to meet you.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age. We are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.