The Finance Manager position will have an active role in creating budgets and forecasts, strategy development, along with significant levels of ad-hoc reporting. Additionally, this person will be part of building out the long term vision of the finance department for a fast growing startup. This is a high visibility position that will interact with all departments within Payoff, providing a comprehensive understanding of the organization.
About the job
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance
- Analyze key loan portfolio metrics, including defaults, prepayments, and economic returns to Payoff
- Assist with development and analysis of new products and initiatives
- Identifying trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement as part of the budgeting and forecast process
- Develop and prepare daily, weekly, and monthly financial reporting
- Develop, maintain, and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed
- Perform market and industry research
- Bachelor's degree required; Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- 4-7 years of experience in financial analysis, model development, and reporting
- Experience with financial services products helpful, but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Some database query experience helpful – SQL, R, etc.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary
At Payoff, we focus on what we do best: doing something we believe in, which will help change the world for the better! We believe in taking care of our employees, putting the customer first, eating great food, having a sense of humor, and getting things done.
We’re working on a big challenge and need team players, innovators and leaders to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits!
- Employee medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Generous vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to that kids’ basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Craft beer Thursdays – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment