Duty Stations: Antakya
Reporting to: Assistant financial controller
General Description of the Role:
Reporting to the GOAL Syria AFC Donors the main purpose of this position is to assist in Finance donor grant management cycle activities and ensure compliance with donor and other regulatory requirements.
Donor Budgeting, Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist the AFC Donors in the coordination and preparation of Donor proposal and modification budgets
- Maintain and update GOAL Syria forms templates for all grants
- Assist AFC Donors in setup and maintenance of SAGE Reporting module for all grants.
- Support AFC Donors in timely preparation of donor reporting
- Support AFC Donors in liaison with programme staff to provide accurate expenditure forecasting and budget monitoring (BMTs); facilitate the review process and update forecasts in SAGE, and support on the resolution of issues raised
- Liaise with AFC Donors and Grants & Communication Coordinator to ensure donor files are complete and well maintained in accordance with GOAL Dublin and donor requirements
- Work with the AFC Donors to prepare and deliver finance information and updates at Grant Management Meetings and provide support to resolve issues raised
- Assist the AFC Donors in recording, valuation and inputting of Donations in Kind for Monthly and Annual account.
- Coordinate with Finance Officer Operations and Finance Officer Donors on crossover issues and provide cover/support as required
- Assist in preparation of documentation to facilitate in donor audits, and internal audits
- Any other task assigned by the AFC Donors or GOAL Syria FC
- Finance qualification, preferably with a professional accountancy qualification in progress or completed;
- At least 2 years’ experience in accountancy and general finance management, NGO experience preferable
- Knowledge of donors rules and regulations and reporting requirements is an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, working knowledge of accounting system would be an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required; Turkish or Arabic desirable
- Friendly, professional manner, with the ability to manage and work with staff at all levels.
Applications will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.