General Description of the Role:
To assist the GOAL Turkey Finance Manager in the implementation of activities through the management of cash and bank accounts, and the implementation of GOAL’s financial systems.
Bank & Accounting
- Maintain all the bank and cashbooks and do their reconciliations on a timely basis;
- Oversee petty cash maintenance and bank register maintenance, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorized and recorded;
- Reconcile floats and ensuring they are cleared on a regular basis;
- Maintain excel cash books and bank books, ensuring all movements are recorded, reconciled and coded to appropriate donors and projects;
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to GOAL procedures
- Review & reconcile physical cash to the cash tracking sheet daily, and to the cash book weekly;
- Assist to Finance Manager in preparation and distribute monthly payroll;
- Prepare the Fixed Assets Register Month Spot check for Month end files.
- Assist in facilitating any internal / external audits;
- Help monitoring cash balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests from sub-offices
- Ensure bank mandates are up to date
Documentation & Compliance monitoring
- Ensure maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Ensure proper filing of monthly vouchers and paperwork
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Support Finance Manager in review of Partner budgets
- Ensure all Partnership supporting documentation is reconciled and in line with reported Finance expenditure.
- Work with Compliance officer to ensure all Partnership documents follow GOAL and Donor requirements and follow up to resolution any issues raised in these reviews
- Perform any other tasks that may be reasonable assigned by the line manager in any one of the components above.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience or three years Finance work experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and Turkish languages skills, with excellent communication and training skills, knowledge of Arabic would be an desirable
- Strong demonstrable previous experience in general finance management, NGO experience preferable
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, working knowledge of accounting system would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Evidence of strong commitment to capacity building and mentoring of teams
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team.
Applications will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.