Duty Stations: Antakya
Reporting to: Senior finance officer – Operations
General Description of the Role:
Reporting to the GOAL Syria Senior Finance Officer Operations the main purpose of this position is to assist in the day to day cash inflows and outflows, ensuring proper systems and procedures are being followed.
Cash, Bank and Accounting:
- Maintain all the Antakya bank and cashbooks and their reconciliations on a timely basis;
- Petty cash maintenance and bank register maintenance, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorised and recorded;
- Review & reconcile physical cash to the cash tracking sheet daily, and to the cash book weekly; Monitor balances and liaise with Senior Finance Officer to ensure sufficient balances are maintained
- Monitor floats outstanding and ensuring they are cleared on a regular basis;
- Ensure all purchases have been made following GOAL purchasing procedures and have all relevant supporting documentation attached to payment requisition;
- Reconcile physical cash to the cash book on a weekly basis prepared and review with Senior Finance officer.
- Ensure payroll remittances are made each month on a timely basis;
- Prepare the Fixed Assets Register Month Spot check for Month end files.
- Provide support to Senior Finance Officer re posting all cash and bank transactions into the accounting system and ensuring coding and narrative are complete
- Liaise with the bank to solve problems with payments
Documentation & Compliance monitoring:
- Ensure maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Ensure proper filing of monthly vouchers
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Escalation of issues relating to documentation and compliance monitoring to the Senior Finance officer and assist in resolution of such issues.
- Support in preparation of documentation to facilitate donor, internal and external audits
- Support in finance facilitation for any internal / external audits;
- Coordinate with Finance Officer Partners and Finance Officer Donors on crossover issues and provide cover/support as required
- Provide Finance oversight re Logistics manual finance requirements e.g. stock counts
- Any other task assigned by the GOAL Syria Senior Finance Officer, AFC Operations or GOAL Syria FC
- Finance qualification, preferably with a professional accountancy qualification in progress or completed;
- At least 1 years’ experience in accountancy and general finance management, NGO experience preferable
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, working knowledge of accounting system would be an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required; Turkish or Arabic desirable
- Friendly, professional manner, with the ability to manage and work with staff at all levels.
Applications will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.