What are we about
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
LendInvest is looking for a commercially minded Financial Accountant to join our expanding finance team. Reporting into our Finance Manager, you will play a key role in the group finance function, ensuring consistently accurate financial reporting and proper financial control over your funding lines, products and cost centres.
What’s the team like
Our team is growing fast and is a diverse and outgoing bunch, with strong credentials and experience gained from a variety of industries. We work together to support the business’s needs and you’ll see tangible outputs and decisions being made as a direct result of your work.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the reporting and analysis process for legal entities within the group, alongside ownership of product P&Ls and opex cost centres.
- Ensuring reconciliations between the loan servicers, bank and finance systems are performed daily and following through on differences;
- Reviewing auto posted borrower interest charges and fees to ensure no discrepancies between finance and loan systems;
- Reviewing daily bank reconciliations performed by the Finance Operations team and following through on differences;
- Preparation and posting of month end journals such as prepayments and funding line accruals;
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including intercompany balances;
- Undertaking detailed review and analysis of monthly P&Ls to support business decision making;
- Interpreting and communicating financial information against budget & forecast to non-financial exec heads of departments;
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management information including segmented profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and commentaries;
- Preparing files for external audit review and assisting with the bi-annual annual;
- Preparing annual statutory accounts under IFRS or FRS 101 for audit;
- Preparing direct/indirect tax returns;
- Assisting the business with the implementation of new funding lines and products;
- Monitoring and enforcing financial policies, controls and procedures across the business;
- Representing the Finance team to the wider business.
What we’ll need you to have
- Newly qualified/1-2 year post qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
What we’d like you to have
- Experience of working within a financial accounting role;
- Strong fundamental accounting skills;
- Strong Excel / financial analytical skills including the ability to provide clear, meaningful commentary;
- Strong organisational, planning and interpersonal skills;
- High energy, pragmatic, get it done attitude;
- Ability to mentor and influence both within and outside the finance team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, efficient and organised; and
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Previous experience of working with Netsuite would be good.
What you'll get in return
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Healthcare (Vitality scheme)
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Company Childcare Vouchers
- Company eye tests
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job