Babbel is driven by a mission: Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners’ needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That’s why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
We are now looking for a Financial Accountant to join the team and support us! Our accounting team is located in Berlin. Twelve people, six within the accounts payable team, take care of the financial accounting for Babbel group entities.
- Confident using an ERP system (SAGE X3 or others).
- Well-experienced in dealing with MS Excel.
- Self-assured using HGB accounting frameworks (e. g. SKR 04).
- Successfully completed a commercial degree. A degree as accountant (germ. “Bilanzbuchhalter” or “Finanzbuchhalter”) or a bachelor/master degree is a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a financial accounting role (HGB).
- Basic skills of german and EU VAT law - especially about invoice requirements.
- Experiences with business and travel expenses. Chrome River experience is a plus.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to details.
- A self-reliant and a well-structured working method when it comes to delivering results in a timely manner.
Business fluent in German and English (at least B2 level, verbally and in writing).
- Perform invoice verification and collect approvals through our electronic approval workflow system.
- Record invoices for the three entities of the Babbel group in our ERP system.
- Coordinate open items and liquidity with the Treasury and prepare payment runs for the invoices due.
- Clarify and manage open items in the vendor accounts.
- Administer our business and travel expenses guidelines and handle requests from employees.
- Reconciliation of prepayments.
- Be jointly responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate monthly financial statements.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with 750 people from over 60 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page and our blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!