LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading marketplace for property finance and one of the country’s largest non-bank mortgage lenders. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £2.8 billion ($3.6 billion) and raised over £1.8 billion ($2.3 billion) of debt and equity from investors.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term property finance and buy-to-let mortgages, and makes it possible for investors - from individuals to global financial institutions including HSBC, Citigroup and NAB - to invest in the loans it originates in return for a stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is on a mission to make property finance simple – creating products that make it easy to lend and invest in property. We are on track to becoming the largest non-bank mortgage lender in the UK, by building an automated, scalable platform that seamlessly connects investors with borrowers.
LendInvest is looking for a talented and commercially minded part qualified Financial Accountant to join our expanding finance team. This role will suit someone looking for their next role in industry in an exciting and fast paced Fintech. Reporting into our Financial Reporting Manager, you will play a key role in the group finance function, ensuring consistently accurate financial reporting and proper financial control over funding lines, products and cost centres.
About the team
Our team is a diverse, ambitious and outgoing bunch, with strong credentials and experience gained from a variety of industries. We work together to support the business’s needs and you’ll see tangible outputs and decisions being made as a direct result of your work.
About the role
- Owning the reporting and analysis process for legal entities within the group, alongside ownership of product P&Ls and opex cost centres.
- Ensuring reconciliations between the loan servicers, bank and finance systems are performed daily and following through on differences;
- Preparing amortisation schedules for fees paid to us by our borrowers
- Reviewing daily bank reconciliations performed by the Finance Operations team and following through on differences;
- Preparation and posting of month end journals such as prepayments and funding line accruals;
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including intercompany balances;
- Undertaking detailed review and analysis of monthly P&Ls to support business decision making;
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management information including segmented profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and commentaries;
- Preparing files for external audit review and assisting with the bi-annual annual;
- Preparing annual statutory accounts under IFRS or FRS 101 for audit;
- Assisting the business with the implementation of new funding lines and products;
- Monitoring and enforcing financial policies, controls and procedures across the business;
- Representing the Finance team to the wider business.
- Experience of working within a financial/ management accounting role;
- Strong fundamental accounting skills;
- Strong Excel / financial analytical skills including the ability to provide clear, meaningful commentary;
- Strong organisational, planning and interpersonal skills;
- High energy, pragmatic, get it done attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, efficient and organised; and
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Previous experience of working with Netsuite would be good.
- Part qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with 2-3 years experience in industry
Perks of working with LendInvest include:
- A relaxed open-plan working environment
- Study Support
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Healthcare (Vitality scheme)
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Company Childcare Vouchers
- Company eye tests
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox and Vitality
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day