Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about helping re-imagine a 700 billion dollar industry. You are a driven, organized and experienced Financial Analyst who is inspired by a fast-paced environment. You need to be both analytical and personable as you will need to communicate your findings to business leads and experienced team members throughout the Company. The role is designed for a self-starter who can juggle a variety of projects and deliver top-quality analyses.
As a Financial Analyst, you will leverage analytical skills and technical competency to advance reporting capacity, help derive new insights to improve the business, and be part of a growing Finance team in a company experiencing once-in-a-lifetime growth.
- Work to ensure the accuracy of financial, operational, & sales data used for financial reporting
- Be a responsible party for reporting key financial & related data needed for insight and operational decision-making
- Work alongside Product & Business Intelligence teams to ensure data structures adhere to financial reporting requirements
- Implement a automated reporting processes that covers metrics as well as financial results, and connects the two in an appropriate and accurate manner
- Provide general financial data support to other key stakeholders within the Finance team
- Work with product teams to understand new product requirements and their impact on downstream teams.
- BA/BS with 3-4 years of experience in finance, accounting (public or industry), consulting, or relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- A drive to understand the root cause of issues and determination to uncover the solution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- PowerBI and other data visualization/BI experience a plus
- Knowledge / experience with accounting or finance a plus
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Experience with home grown management software a plus
- Experience with Logistics or Transportation a plus
What you will find here:
- Generous Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Compensation
- Building a Rapidly-Growing Tech Company
- International Environment / Career
- Ability to Work with Cutting-Edge Technology
Because we are an international company, we only accept resumes in English.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.