We are looking for a compliance professional to join our Financial Crimes team in Singapore. In this role, you’ll play a fundamental role in helping to develop and maintain a best in class Financial Crimes program as Stripe launches in new APAC markets and expands its product offerings in existing markets. This means handling a wide variety of financial crimes matters, including anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption (ABC).
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Lead and build out Stripe’s APAC AML investigations program, expanding the program across APAC’s new markets and products. This includes:
- Developing and maintaining local AML procedures, and working with global stakeholders on enhancing the Global AML Program.
- Working with the wider AML team to identify and develop new transaction monitoring models to mitigate APAC risk typologies.
- Harnessing data to calibrate controls, drive process efficiencies, forecast operational loads and help designated Compliance Officers/ MLROs drive AML policy decisions;
- Assist as needed with investigations, serving as an escalation point for junior team members.
- Lead APAC’s Payment Method Review program to risk assess and determine controls for new payment methods, working cross functionally (e.g. with Product, Engineering, Financial Partnership teams) to implement systems and process controls, from conception to execution. Such controls might include: financial partner reporting, liaising with payment method partners to agree data inputs for screening and transaction monitoring.
- Support the implementation of financial crimes controls for new and existing markets, new products launches and funds flows. This involves a variety of projects such as product and market risk assessments and gap analysis, and formulating new user-facing product control requirements.
- Perform enhanced due diligence reviews on high risk sectors, guiding team members on complex cases.
- Advise and respond to queries from internal teams and control requests from external financial partners.
- Partner with the wider Financial Crimes team to build a global program, such as training, policy and governance and research.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Minimum 6+ years and beyond experience in an AML/ CTF role.
- Strong experience in process and project management, and technical controls and process implementation.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Excel or SQL abilities
Nice to haves:
- Payments or fintech experience.
- Related regulatory experience, such as anti-bribery and corruption, audit, financial crimes consultancy.
- Experience with regulatory requirements in APAC.
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products.
- CAMS or CFE certification.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.