Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Did you know that only around 4% of the world’s GDP comes from internet commerce? At Stripe, we believe that this represents a future with almost limitless potential for innovation, creativity and global prosperity. While the promise of a global online economy is palpable, it doesn’t come without significant risk. Each day, bad actors disrupt the trust and safety of the internet and increase the barrier of entry for online businesses. The Financial Crimes team ensures that our platform remains safe, and that prohibited parties are not allowed to utilize our services.
What you’ll do
We are looking for someone who is passionate about fighting financial crimes and solving the puzzle of investigations, is naturally curious, and is comfortable operating in ambiguity and finding creative solutions. You will be responsible for conducting investigations and making account-level judgments and recommendations for regulatory reporting. You will be confident in looking through data, assessing various indicators, and making judgements on your findings.
The right candidate for this role will have experience in financial crimes compliance, preferably within the fintech or e-commerce space
Conduct a wide variety of analyses, including:
- Conducting screening (“watchlist” and “keyword”) reviews on merchants as part of Stripe’s sanctions program
- Analysing and investigating accounts for exposure to both listed persons and high-risk/prohibited jurisdictions
- Understand complex regulatory and compliance requirements within the financial services space and complete analyses in accordance with these requirements
- Conduct in-depth open source research as part of Sanctions reviews, including in the open web, corporate registries, governmental databases, and social media platforms, to understand the use case and appropriately assess the relevant sanctions and financial crimes risk
- Analyse complex problem and exercising sound analytical judgment on investigation resolutions or decisions
- Perform assignments/tasks of high complexity and resolving incoming requests from internal Stripe teams, financial partners, or other parties
- Adhere closely to process documentation and draft clear and concise investigative summaries and analyses, including draft regulatory reports for submission
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 2+ years of experience in Sanctions roles
- Experience conducting in-depth open source research across a wide range of information sources, including the web and global social media platforms
- General awareness of money laundering, terrorism financing, and sanctions trends and regulatory developments
- Independently analyse and evaluate information from various data sources to determine a course of action for a matched case
- Ability to clearly record by writing the rationale & documenting the evidence of the decision making process about the match being positive or false for analytical, presentation, and audit purposes
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work independently, analyse problems and data sets to make complex investigation decisions
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive and detail oriented
- You're willing to periodically work a weekend day for which you will receive a weekday off; the SDC operates during daytime hours with shifts from the morning through early evening
- Knowledge of USA Patriot Act, US Treasury/OFAC Code of Federal Regulations,UK HMT sanctions regulations, EU Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Directives, etc.
- Knowledge in payments and the fintech industry
- Familiarity with SQL and ability to use template or pre-made SQL queries as part of investigations