Position / Title: Vice President – Financial Engineer, Real Estate Quantitative Strategies
Pretium is a specialized alternative investment management firm focused on U.S. residential real estate, residential credit, and corporate credit with more than $50 billion of assets under management. Pretium was founded in 2012 to capitalize on secular investment and lending opportunities arising as a result of structural changes, disruptions, and inefficiencies within the economy. Pretium has built an integrated analytical and operational ecosystem within the U.S. housing, residential credit, and corporate and structured credit markets, and believes that its insight and experience within these markets give the Firm its strategic advantage.
We are looking to expand our financial engineering capability within the Real Estate Quantitative Strategies team; this position will report to a Managing Director on the Quantitative Strategies team and is based in New York in accordance with the Firm’s hybrid (in office 3 days per week) schedule.
- Help underwrite new real estate investments
- Work with our data science team to calibrate and integrate asset level assumption models
- Partner with our capital markets team to model the cash flows of the asset backed securitizations that we use to finance our homes
- Enable Portfolio Managers to understand and optimize the returns on their funds
- Enable Asset Managers to make better buy/hold/sell decisions
- Manage the complexity of these models by thinking carefully about how to expose both configuration and output to end users
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a mathematical subject preferred; Masters degree a plus
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with databases, as well as both modern OO and scripting languages (Java/C#/C++ and Groovy/Python etc)
- Ability to think through a UI design
- The exact tools you may have used don’t matter
- We look for your aptitude to learn and we like to teach
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to present data effectively
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability; when necessary, capable of working independently, with little need for supervision
- Excellent team player; highly professional, respectful and honest. Open to ideas, willing to try new things and do what it takes to get the job done well
- Results oriented with ability to understand and analyze problems, able to apply critical thinking
- You will succeed if you are able to think about the abstractions necessary to model multiple levels of cash flows, want to learn from experts at the intersection of technology, finance and real estate, and most of all are willing to take on challenging problems while knowing how to fail fast.
What We Offer
This position offers the opportunity to join a collegial, entrepreneurial firm committed to the personal and professional growth of its team members and to maintaining a positive, encouraging work environment where people enjoy working together. The company offers a comprehensive benefits and perks package, including:
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Employer-paid health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 20 annual days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12 firm holidays
- Hybrid office/work from home arrangement (in office minimum of 3 days per week)
- Annual base salary range for this role is expected to be between $175,000 - $225,000
- Annual year-end bonus eligible
Pretium is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please see the firm’s policy regarding how it collects and processes your personal information.