We fully appreciate the current situation in relation to coronavirus and wanted to provide some assurances that as an organisation we are set up to work remotely. We are continuing as normal with all our recruitment and looking forward to receiving your applications and talking to you remotely on the phone or via video.
We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to jump on board.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring and updating the business budget and forecast
- Preparation of Monthly Executive Committee and Board reporting packs, KPI monitoring and weekly MI - being a key figure in understanding underlying business dynamic behind the numbers and viewed as a go-to person for the business providing visibility on financial performance
- Partnering with key stakeholders to ensure inputs to the model are reasonable and accurate
- Working on new business initiatives, and understanding their capital and liquidity implications
- Work in collaboration with other key teams to help prepare and deliver key regulatory documents including (but not limited to) ICAAP / ILAAP and act to challenge and deliver stress testing as required across key areas of the business
- Setting up appropriate cost recharge and funds transfer pricing process across the business
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on ad hoc requests regarding business planning and performance
- Support and contribute to broader functional deliverables
- Enhance Financial MI (specifically across Mortgages and Forward Flow portfolios)
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Previous Financial Services experience
- A recognised accounting qualification or equivalent
- Very strong excel skills with the ability to take ownership of the business model and improve it, as well as automate some of the reporting by pulling together large datasets from different applications
- Solid financial accounting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial systems and procedures including the ability to extract and manipulate data
- Ability to analyse performance metrics, understand factors that influence them and forecast expected business performance based on those factors
- Strong communication and business partnering skills
- Ability to communicate financial outcomes to non-finance colleagues
Qualities we look for:
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- High levels of attention to detail
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.