Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the Role
The Finance Analyst will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Finance the successful candidate will support multiple divisions within States Title and have direct exposure to our leadership team. Analyzes organization’s financial statements (i.e. ROI, ration analysis, cost/benefit analysis etc.) and maintains awareness of business outlook to identify opportunities, implications, and risks. This position will be based in our San Francisco or New York office upon our ability to return to in-person work format.
- Heavily involved in month end close activities, performing variance analyses, identifying potential errors, and distribution of financial results packages.
- Maintains and enhances excel based models based on business needs.
- Performs a wide range of ad-hoc analysis of financial and operational data and presents findings to business unit management.
- Develops complex financial models for what-if analysis, scenario planning, and capital investment decisions.
- Assist in the coordination of the forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Manages large data sets from disparate sources for data mining, analysis, and research.
- Analysis of external economic conditions and their impact on business operations (e.g., inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, economic changes)
- Works independently under minimal supervision, willing to roll up your sleeves and learn the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years of Finance experience, preferably in FP&A
- Finance and Accounting – Experienced in finance, economic and accounting principles and practices, financial statements, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mathematics & Analytics – Ability to understand, translate and solve problems using mathematics/statistical analyses on large data sets.
- Computer Skills – Expert on Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, PowerPivot, and PowerPoint. NETSUITE/SMARTVIEW prior experience is a plus.
- Complex Problem Solving – Adept at assessing complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills; high EQ
- High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- An undergraduate degree from a top tier university, with a focus in Finance or Economics
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.