Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Planning, you will be part of the Group FP&A team who are responsible for defining and delivering financial planning, reporting and analysis requirements of Soho House. With a keen eye for detail and methodical way of working you will support the continued expansion plans and ensure updates to our 5 year plan.
Duties include but limited to.
- Ensuring that the Group 5 year plan model is always fit for purpose & updated with quarterly actuals
- Guided by Head of Strategic Planning, the role would be required to update the 5 year plan 3 statement financial model for historic actuals and changes in the development pipeline
- Able to capture the impact of key assumption changes on future projections
- Able to present key outputs in a simple and accessible manner
- Providing regular financial performance reporting
- Producing the daily sales report on an interim basis before the report is automated
- Producing the weekly consolidated P&L report and checking commentaries from teams, querying performance and checking group consolidation
- Supporting the Reporting Manager on monthly reporting requirements including the Commercial Report and Management Accounts
- Ensuring that all required business inputs are provided on a timely basis
- Supporting the FP&A team on the short-term budgeting and re-forecasting processes
- Supporting the wider FP&A team to deliver the short-term planning cycles (Budget & quarterly reforecasts)
- Responsible for communicating and liaising with finance and business stakeholders to ensure that all submission timetables are well understood
- Ensuring that all Group-wide submission templates are robust, tested and fit for purpose
- Responsible for creation of simple summary outputs to enable budgets and forecasts to be easily understood by the wider business
- Business Partnering with the Group Membership team
- Being the ‘go-to’ person for all membership reporting (on both financial and non-financial matters, both current and historic), with weekly and ad hoc reporting
- Ensuring robust control of membership reporting information
- Working to continually identify the key membership reporting requirements for the business
- Actively participating in various ‘ad hoc’ commercial projects to help drive business performance
- Strong systems capability required
- Advanced Excel skills and solid powerpoint skills expected
- Experience in handling large amounts of data required
- Knowledge of/ experience using IBM Planning Analytics desired (or similar other planning tools)
- Experience of using business intelligence / reporting tools desired
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate key messages in a simple, accessible and concise format
- Experience of short & long-term financial planning required
- 3 statement (P&L, B/S, Cashflow) business modelling experience preferred
- Ability to think strategically & commercially and to understand key performance drivers within the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in hospitality, retail, consumer sector desired
- Highly proficient with Excel; strong with Powerpoint and other MS Office products
- Educated to degree level
- 2-3 years experience from Investment Banking, Equity Research, Management Consultancy, Accountancy
- Accounting/ Financial qualification started - ACA/ CFA (potential to complete at Soho)
- Extensive experience working on diversity and inclusion initiatives, projects or programs……
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- Annual Every House Membership
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health and Dental Care
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Season Ticket Loan
- In conjunction with Soho Impact, take 3 days paid a year to support a charity of your choice.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.