Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced systems administrator to oversee our financial and enterprise system Oracle Cloud, as well as other business systems.
- Lead requirement gathering, design, and build activities for new applications.
- Support a complex Data Integration environment.
- Ability to design, plan, and manage project plans.
- Research and resolve data reconciliation issues using SQL.
- Update mappings, Load Rules, Run Schedules and maintain environments.
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, and access settings.
- Creating technical documentation and producing environment performance metrics.
- Ensuring application environments perform consistently within defined SLA's.
- Recommend enhancements to systems to improve efficiency and deliver greater value.
- Define, create, improve, and automate reporting methods.
- Partner with Product and Data Engineering teams to identify and improve data pipes from various systems.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our systems decisions using data.
- Background in financial applications.
- Must have at least 5+ years of hands-on Oracle ERP Development & Administration experience; 1+ years of Cloud Development & Administration experience preferred.
- Ability to develop & maintain end to end (record to report) solutions using Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with inbound and outbound Oracle Cloud interfaces.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis using SQL.
- Experience with complex multi-server, multi-application environments.
- Demonstrated excellence in consultation, presentation, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with business customers and users.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Mathematics, or a relevant Business field.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; Accuracy is a must!
- You are relentless and constantly push the business to operate more efficiently; You are hands-on and not afraid to dive into the details.
- You possess strong intellectual horsepower and are a quick study.
- You are comfortable with new concepts and complexity; You are described as bright, capable, and agile.
- You are knowledgeable about how systems work and how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; able to translate complex data flow problems into solutions.
- You are adept at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done and understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflows
- You know what to measure and how to measure it.
- You can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others cannot; You simplify complex processes and get more out of fewer resources.