simplehuman is seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer to join our group of close-knit engineers in our Product team. Job scope includes firmware development, modification, testing, and troubleshooting for all stages of the product life cycle. This position directly impacts the simplehuman product line and brand. As we continue to expand into more technology-enabled products, our Firmware team is becoming an increasingly important part of our greater Product team – responsible for our award-winning consumer products that make life more efficient at home!
- Develop, design and review firmware for new products and prototypes
- Modify firmware for improved product performance and the addition of new features
- Troubleshoot firmware/hardware related issues/improvements that arise during production
- Work with Mechanical and QC engineers to investigate, test, and make improvements
- Evaluate new technology platforms for new product feasibility/validation
- Communicate with technical vendors during product development
This is a full-time position in our Torrance, CA office.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 3+ years’ experience as a firmware engineer in the consumer electronics industry
- Experience with developing firmware for various microcontrollers such as PIC, ARM-Cortex Core – STM32 series
- Fluency in C/C++, RTOS based software architecture
- Experience with peripheral communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, PWM)
- Experience with wireless connectivity such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- (Good to have) Experience with acoustics microphone/speaker integrations
- (Good to have) Experience with touch screens display integrations
- (Good to have) Experience with Linux/Android based processor software development
- Ability to understand hardware schematics
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with internal and external partners to solve problems creatively
- A hands-on approach to quickly evaluate and test out prototypes and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications
We create tools for efficient living. Through innovation and new technologies, we find ways to streamline simple tasks – ones that are so basic that we take them for granted. We make gorgeous trash cans that respond to voice commands, mirrors that speak with Alexa, and soap pumps that dispense with a wave of the hand. At simplehuman, we value ingenuity, precise communications, fast iteration and scrappiness. We’re laid-back, but work hard. And we only build products we love to use ourselves.
- Tight-knit team with work hard, play hard tradition – we take pride in individual and team success and push boundaries to make the best products.
- Cool office with full-court gym + fitness activities/classes (basketball, yoga, volleyball, badminton, krav maga, more) + weight room
- Free Friday breakfasts + birthday celebrations + holiday parties/trips + juice club
- Great benefits + Competitive compensation