Whistle is looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to join us in developing, from the ground up, a complete stack for a new consumer electronics device. The target environment is a low power microcontroller with a very light RTOS and a handful of connected peripherals. This role will involve close coordination with hardware engineering and other impacted software teams.
- Develop, test, and debug firmware (targeting Cortex M4 + RTOS environment).
- Define and document software requirements and software design.
- Board bring-up: work with HW engineers to debug pre-production boards and iterate design until functional.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Help design and maintain development process to design, document, implement, test and track sustainable and reusable code.
Here's what we're looking for in a strong candidate:
- BS CS (or equivalent) and 5+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated success leading firmware design and implementation for consumer devices from concept through completion.
- Strong knowledge of C, C++ and assembly.
- Experience developing for low power microcontrollers (e.g., TI MSP430, Cortex M series, Atmel AVR) required.
- Experience optimizing peripheral/sensor communications for low power.
- Familiarity with WLAN/WPAN protocols and devices (e.g., Wi-Fi, Bluetooth).
- Familiarity with analog sensors (e.g., temperature, light, accelerometer).
- Familiarity with batteries and charger ICs.
We don't just reward in kibble. Here's what we're offering:
- Competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and 401K options.
- Dog-friendly office and lots of opportunity to use our product of course :).
- Commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation so you can relax and recharge when you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks, and lunch catered daily.
- Monthly and quarterly company and team events.
- Want to speak or attend an industry-related conference? Go for it! We'll cover the costs.
Whistle is an equal opportunity employer.