Hero: We Build Solutions to Healthcare's Hardest Problems
Hero was founded as the world’s most people-focused healthcare company, investing the time and effort required to create truly frictionless solutions to the hardest, most pervasive problems in healthcare. We’re starting with the largest universal yet avoidable cost to the US healthcare system: medication management.
In 2018 we introduced a groundbreaking hardware device that automatically manages, sorts, and dispenses an individual's entire pill regimen, and it transformed how people manage their health. Combined with app-based notifications, and our direct-to-door prescription fulfillment service, Hero has driven medication adherence to levels never before achieved in healthcare.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. We hire A-players to hire A-players. Join us in bringing transformative healthcare products to market that save lives and improve the livelihoods of millions.
Hero is currently looking for an embedded software/firmware engineer who is very passionate about building great products that can help our members manage their medications on a daily routine. You will be a part of the growing, fast-paced and collaborative team. You will work closely with the cloud, hardware and manufacturing teams to develop the software/firmware in C/C++ for the entire product. Your contribution will be an essential part of the success of the company.
- Design, develop, test and debug high quality firmware for the medical grade consumer product. This will include writing low level device drivers, middleware, UI flows and multi-threaded application development in C/C++
- Create technical documentation for product architecture, firmware design, application notes and test plan
- Participate in full product life cycle development from creating PoC to large scale production
- Develop firmware for the manufacturing test fixtures and operator interfacing software in Visual C++ to run on PC
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical, software & SQA team and interact as necessary to resolve any dependency or roadblocks
- Research & learn new technologies as necessary to improve the current product
- Work closely with member experience team and provide quick resolution to any customer complaints that require engineering investigation
- Participate in weekly team meeting and provide progress on the assigned tasks
- Work independently on the assigned project tasks as well as work in the team environment as part of the large team project
- 5+ years of experience writing embedded firmware for mechanical control from low level drivers to high level application development in C and C++
- Strong background in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and motion control
- Expertise in controlling electromechanical motion systems like DC servo control, stepper motors, vacuum pumps
- Experience with multi-threaded real-time operating system
- Working in fast paced, high growth start-up environment in IoT industry
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Ability to read electronics schematics & circuit diagrams
- Strong interest to learn advanced technologies & problem solving
- Experience in writing software/firmware for manufacturing test fixtures
- Preferred Skills: C, C++, MS Visual Studio, FreeRTOS, SQLite Database, STM32 Microcontrollers, Wifi/SPI/UART/I2C communication, Device Drivers, Git, Python